Join CAUK today


Support CAUK today

Contact Us

Phone or email

Vehicle Tax Exemption / Reduction

You can apply for exemption from paying vehicle tax if you get;

  • Higher Rate Mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Enhanced Rate Mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment

The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name. It must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It cannot be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use. 

You claim the exemption when you apply for vehicle tax, more information can be found on the website mentioned

Vehicle Tax Exemption / Reduction

There is also the option to claim a 50% reduction in vehicle tax if you get the PIP standard rate mobility component.

Again, more details on eligibility and requirement can be found on the government website.

Motability Scheme

If you get the enhanced rate of mobility component of PIP it may also be possible to look at a Motability Car scheme